Looking for a fun way to be active with your child?
Swim Together is a co-participation program where families are coached in the pool at the same time. You can swim together with your older child or swim with other adults while younger children are coached with their peers. Each week all families have time to swim together.
Interested in learning to swim for fitness?
Swim Together builds confidence in swimming through appropriate skill level instruction, activities, drills and games. Great for those who want to learn to swim for fitness and those looking to improve their skills.
Want to meet other families with shared interests?
All programs have opportunities for adults and youth to socialize with their peers. Women and Girls Only program options are available.
Swim Together Program Information
Swim Together takes place at the pool in the Woolwich Memorial Centre in Elmira.
- Sept. 20th to Dec. 8th, 2022 (12 weeks)
- Time Options:
- Tuesday 6:30-7:30pm (All Genders)
- Thursday 6:30-7:30pm (All Genders)
- Thursday 7:30-8:30pm (Women & Girls)
- Cost: $145/swimmer
- Family Discount of $10/swimmer for more than 2 swimmers (applies to 3rd, 4th, etc.)
How To Participate With Your Child
Option 1: Be coached with other adults while your child swims with their peers. Appropriate for younger swimmers and those who prefer to swim with other youth. All families will have an opportunity to swim together each week.
Option 2: Be coached together with your child in the same lane. This is appropriate for older children (~12yrs +) or confident swimmers looking for a challenge.
Our coaches will work with you to decide how best to participate with your child the first week of Swim Together.
- Adults must be able to swim two laps (50m) of any stroke. No technique or past swimming experience needed!
- Children 9 and under must pass the Woolwich Memorial Centre pool swim test. If your child has not completed this test, we will do it the first night. Children 10 and over may also be asked to do the swim test if there are safety concerns with their swimming ability.